Summer time – sunshine filled days of outdoor swimming pools, camping trips, bike rides and of course frozen treats to cool everyone off. Who doesn’t love popsicles, a great dessert, no forks or spoons required!
If you like Tiramisu you are going to love this recipe for frozen Tiramisu Popsicles. It is the perfect dessert for your backyard BBQ’s, summertime parties, or any time treat.
Tiramisu Popsicles combine the sensational flavour of classic Tiramisu to create an easy to make, smooth and creamy frozen treats! These will certainly be a warm-weather favourite treat for both grown-ups and kids alike.
Tiramisu Popsicles start off with Tre Stelle® Mascarpone Cheese which is a rich, fresh triple-cream cheese related to Cream Cheese and Ricotta. I love the taste and exceptional creaminess of Mascarpone Cheese in desserts, but it also tastes terrific spread on toast or bagels, and then topped with fruit or jam.
Marvelous gourmet flavour was added to this recipe with a shot of espresso. Very strong coffee will also work if you don’t have espresso. After the popsicles were completely frozen I decorated them with crushed ladyfingers and chocolate shavings. I used coffee-infused dark chocolate, but any type of chocolate you like will taste great.
Luscious, melt in your mouth Tiramisu Popsicles are one of my family’s favourite homemade frozen treats! Good eats to enjoy throughout the sunshine filled, relaxing, carefree days of summer!
PREP TIME: 15- 20 mins. Serves: 6-8
- 1 (8-ounce) container Tre Stelle® Mascarpone Cheese
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. espresso, cooled (very strong coffee will also work)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- 6-8 ladyfinger cookies crushed
- 2 tbsp. grated chocolate (I used coffee flavoured)
- In a bowl using an electric mixer beat granulated sugar and Mascarpone until well combined.
- Add espresso and combine well.
- In a separate bowl using an electric mixer at high speed, whip the cream and confectioners’ sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the Mascarpone mixture.
- Fill popsicle molds with mixture. Tap down on countertop to remove any air pockets. Insert popsicle sticks and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- To remove popsicles from molds run under warm water for 30 seconds.
- Coat with crushed ladyfinger cookies and shaved chocolate.